Ask the gals!
The opinions and suggestions are based on our own experience with hints and tips picked up from fellow artists. We were originally trained in makeup for photography and editorial and of course - we haven't stuck to any of the rules - we cheat and cut corners. If you are new to makeup, you will have loads of fun experimenting and finding what works for you! We highly recommend searching for artists on Instagram to get inspired and learn more techniques. We will keep updating this page, so do check back, but by all means, feel free to message us through the contact page or drop me an inbox, for fast help we are most active on Instagram @givefacecos or @dirtidenise
15% off your order over £100 with code SOS100
20% off your order over £150 with code SOS150
30% off your order over £250 with code SOS250
These codes are to help you build a kit, products must not be resold for profit. We will not fulfil orders of multiples of the same colours/ products.
Get the right tools for the job
Foundation, Contouring, Highlighting
Cosmetic Super Pigment Pencils
Line them lips and eyes, create new eyebrows or just draw funky lines anywhere you want with these soft and 'oh so pigmented' multi purpose colour pencils.
Tips - Well they are just pencils, but they are our pencils, so they're good! Oh there is one thing, just in case you think we going all Jacqueline Hill on you... our pencils ends are coated with a protective cosmetic wax after production, so you might spot a white film - especially on Boulet black! It's absolutely fine to just wipe it off or sharpen once for first time use. No white gloves were used in production!
Is your lipstick telling tales on you? Well we got your back sis! Our Matte lipsticks really pop, they completely dry down and once they are set, they wont transfer onto drinking glasses, hair, clothes or other people! They are budge proof, kiss proof and most things (within reason) proof.
Tips - We always recommend our lip liners for precision application and a crisp lip line! Some colours - especially extremely dark, pale or extreme colour change - you will need to build up. Apply over moisturised lips for comfort and coverage and you may need a lip scrub or oil to remove staining of some colours.
It's the same as our Matte lipstick, but with a metallic finish! Slather the rich formula on and let it dry down, complete dry so it doesn't tell tales! Touch proof, kiss proof and non transferrable.
Tips - Apply colour to lip, some colours especially dark and pale or extreme colour change may need to be built up. Apply over moisturised lips for comfort and coverage. And line your lips with our cosmetic pencils for super sharp lip line and over drawing. You may need a lip oil or scrub to remove or reduce staining.
Sparkle Gloss Lipsticks
Not all of us like the dry feeling of Matte lipsticks, so these fabulous glosses can be used as a topper for gorgeous glossy feeling lips or use them on their own if you are simply a good time glossy hoe! Shiny AF with a sprinkle of sparkles included for the ultimate eye catching lip.
Tips - Apply colour to lip for sheer glossy coverage or apply over matte or metallic lipstick for full coverage with a gloss finish, some colours especially dark and pale or extreme colour change may need to be built up. Apply over moisturised lips for comfort and coverage.
Sparkles and events!!!
Listed below are the best uses for our glitters:
- Microfine - great for full glitter lips and where you want rich deep, less sparkly glitter eyes/ brows
- Ultrafine - generally used for glittering eyes as it catches light well. A light dab of iridescent ultrafines make great lips too and highlighter sparkle. I use "Wish" to cover up bad eye blending and if I need some extra coverage on brow bone if rushing. Ultrafine can feel too grainy and look too textured for a full glitter lip.
- Theatrical Chunky - good festival makeup, detailing where you want lots of sparkle as it catches light easiest, perfect for glitter beards! A few specks of iridescent create beautiful tear effects under the eyes and inner corner and also for brow bone bling.
- Star - good for fun highlighter topping and festival makeup.
- Eco - environmentally friendly, the eco glitters are mineral based, they can be used for anything and everything and create beautiful highlighter and lip toppers.